Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Work vs Prison

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Work vs Prison

    WORK VS. PRISON

    Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up, this should make things a little bit clearer.

    @ PRISON
    you spend the majority of your time in a 10X10 cell

    @ WORK
    you spend the majority of your time in an 8X8 cubicle

    @PRISON
    you get three meals a day fully paid for

    @WORK
    you get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it

    @PRISON
    you get time off for good behavior behavior

    @WORK
    you get more work for good behavior

    @PRISON
    the guard locks and unlocks all the doors

    @WORK
    you must often carry a security card and open all the doors for yourself

    @PRISON
    you can watch TV and play games

    @WORK
    you could get fired for watching TV and playing games

    @PRISON
    you get your toilet

    @WORK
    you have to share the toilet with some people who pee
    on the seat

    @PRISON
    they allow your family and friends to visit

    @WORK
    you aren't even supposed to speak to your family

    @PRISON
    all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required

    @WORK
    you get to pay all your expenses to go to work, and they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners

    @PRISON
    you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out

    @WORK
    you spend most of your time inside wanting to go out to bars.






    THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Work vs Prison

    Pretty good comparison. About what work does seem like at times.

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Work vs Prison

    except the male rape

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Work vs Prison

    Last week at work, one morning it was 1 degree, 60 inches high and about 18 inches of water. 30,000 cubic feet of air a minute in the last open crosscut. I'm thinking it is time to put a little work in for the prisoners, or take out some of the food. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Work vs Prison

    Ah folks you all forget the biggies:

    At work, we all get to go home when we are done [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    We eat Micky D's, Taco Bell, whatever we want, whenever we want instead of prison food, food that is so hideous that I get hungry watching episodes of M.A.S.H. We get to visit or call whomever we want, whenever we want. We get to have wild freaky circus sex with members of the opposite sex whenever we please. We see a commercial for a movie, we go watch it. And if you are locked up at a place like ROSP, there's no TV or games.
    Yeah, work sucks, but there's no comparison (and yes it does [censored] me off that us taxpayers have to feed them, keep them warm/cool...etc) I promise you, if you ever step behind the walls with us, you'll have ZERO chance of getting the two environments mixed up [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

    And yes, I know it is a joke, and I can see it's merit, but we hear that joke alot, knowing that if the public (who loves to [censored] and whine) actually saw what it was like, they'd shut their traps (after they reset their agape jaw). Prison life at a place like ROSP is far worse than death. I could walk through my pod with a paper asking for signatures/volunteers to be executed at dawn, and 95% of the inmates would sign it, thanking me as well. The only reason that we don't have multiple suicides is the fact that we allow them nothing to do so with. Remember that folks when you gripe about someone not getting the death penalty. They are getting much MUCH worse. The only kicker is that we have to keep them up. I'd love to see our inmates working for their food, but with our type of inmate, that cannot happen. Sorry for the serious diversion Rock. You have my apologies in advance.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Work vs Prison

    [ QUOTE ]
    Ah folks you all forget the biggies:

    At work, we all get to go home when we are done [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    We eat Micky D's, Taco Bell, whatever we want, whenever we want instead of prison food, food that is so hideous that I get hungry watching episodes of M.A.S.H. We get to visit or call whomever we want, whenever we want. We get to have wild freaky circus sex with members of the opposite sex whenever we please. We see a commercial for a movie, we go watch it. And if you are locked up at a place like ROSP, there's no TV or games.
    Yeah, work sucks, but there's no comparison (and yes it does [censored] me off that us taxpayers have to feed them, keep them warm/cool...etc) I promise you, if you ever step behind the walls with us, you'll have ZERO chance of getting the two environments mixed up [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

    And yes, I know it is a joke, and I can see it's merit, but we hear that joke alot, knowing that if the public (who loves to [censored] and whine) actually saw what it was like, they'd shut their traps (after they reset their agape jaw). Prison life at a place like ROSP is far worse than death. I could walk through my pod with a paper asking for signatures/volunteers to be executed at dawn, and 95% of the inmates would sign it, thanking me as well. The only reason that we don't have multiple suicides is the fact that we allow them nothing to do so with. Remember that folks when you gripe about someone not getting the death penalty. They are getting much MUCH worse. The only kicker is that we have to keep them up. I'd love to see our inmates working for their food, but with our type of inmate, that cannot happen. Sorry for the serious diversion Rock. You have my apologies in advance.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    I agree! Yeah I just started up at ROSP and all that, but [censored] if aint crazy up there. I wonder how many people go to work and get [censored] and [censored] throwed on them. Little to none I bet. How many have to get a Hepititas B (sp) shot just to work at there job?
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Work vs Prison

    Good luck, gents.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Work vs Prison

    Bro, I know we get alot of time off, but Thursday night reminded me as to why it is required. Alot of C/O s commit suicide. I understand why. Without my time off to cleanse my soul of those smells, images, incidents..etc. I have zero doubt I'd blow my brains out. I am being serious as a heart attack when I say that. I honestly thought they were going to have to carry me out on a stretcher the other night I got so hot. I take alot of pride in being a professional, however I am still human. We buried one last week (one in a long line of many sadly) at 41 from a heart attack. I think alot about it, and it scares me. I force myself on days off to get out and do fun things. Not because I feel like it (you don't-the profession makes you anti-social), but I remember what was told to me in mental health classes.

    You are FTO ing right now right Shoe?
    The fun is about to begin. If you need anything,you know where I am brother. Take long walks when you can. I will never forget what it felt like when we carried Robert "Booker" Beavers' lifeless body out of ROSP at 32 years old. The thought of having to dodge feces and urine should never have to enter a man's head, but it does in this line of work. To call it unique is the understatement of the century.

    But I told you how it was Shoe, and you came anyways [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

    Seriously, before anybody gets on here and tells me that we need to get out of the profession: Show me a job where I can pay a $600 a month child support payment (that has to be paid-no excuses), rent, food, gas...etc in this area, and I'll be your huckleberry [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

    You sure you want to do this knight 67? It has its advantages, but it requires not only physical toughness, but more importantly mental toughness. I will help you all I can if you choose to accept this mission [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Work vs Prison

    [ QUOTE ]
    I agree! Yeah I just started up at ROSP and all that, but [censored] if aint crazy up there. I wonder how many people go to work and get [censored] and [censored] throwed on them. Little to none I bet. How many have to get a Hepititas B (sp) shot just to work at there job?


    [/ QUOTE ]

    I have. You get the same treatment working in healthcare.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Work vs Prison

    You sure do

    Not seen too many holding shanks there though.

    Tough fields-both of them
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •